The need for alcohol rehab treatment has been a progressive problem in the United States for many years. There are some 17 million people that can be classified as an alcoholic or to have drinking problems. Around 40% of clients admitted to rehab centers are for alcohol related abuse. With the growing need for alcohol addiction treatment, it is unfortunate that less than 10% will actually seek the help needed.
The Alcohol Rehab Process
Alcohol rehab is designed to help alcoholics face the struggles of their addiction problems and it helps them overcome their alcohol addiction problems once and for all. Most all alcohol rehab programs are long-term residential treatment. Alcohol rehab follows three basic steps: detoxification, counseling and recovery.
- Detoxification is the first and most stressful step in alcohol rehab. Detoxification can be painful and fear of this pain is what keeps many alcoholics from seeking professional help. Once in alcohol rehabilitation centers, the recovering addict will be monitored and comforted through the entire process by specialists who know how to minimize the discomfort and offer much needed support and encouragement as needed.
- Counseling is the learning stage in alcohol rehab. The alcoholic will learn about their addiction, how it affected them, and how to avoid future temptation. Counseling is a crucial stage in an addict’s recovery, because it gives the addict a growing period to learn how to adjust to life without alcohol present. Most rehabilitation centers will offer both individual and group counseling. Alcohol addiction goes beyond just affecting the addict physically. For this reason, counseling and therapy allows the addict to understand what caused their addiction and what they can do to remain sober once they are out of rehab. In most cases of alcoholism, there are a variety of factors that have combined to cause the individual to drink compulsively. Some of these factors include depression, low-self esteem, family problems, financial issues, or family history of alcoholism. This individual must learn better coping skills, and acquire a sense of self-worth in order to avoid relapse and an effective treatment program can provide the education, skills and guidance needed for continued abstinence.
- The treatment program is the core of the recovery process. The program can range from 12-step to Holistic and Faith-Based treatment, depending on the rehab center or the individual’s preferences. The goal of the treatment program is to promote an overall healing by helping the client connect to themselves on a deeper level and obtain the tools necessary to control their urges. An effective treatment program is key to a lasting recovery. A well-rounded treatment program will work with the individual and the family to get to the root of their addiction. Understanding the addiction to alcohol and the damage it can cause will help with the recovery process. Finding a way to deal with the cause that started the alcohol abuse will be beneficial in preventing relapse. Alcohol rehabilitation programs are critical part of the recovery process. Programs can be designed for the individual’s needs, because some alcoholics have other mental or health issues that require additional attention during treatment. Many people also suffer from other addictions that can be addressed during treatment.
- Aftercare is the final stage before graduation. This stage in alcohol addiction recovery is a closing point where the now recovered addict will have to adjust to his or her life without alcohol present. The individual will also create aftercare plans that address their intentions after graduation and how they plan to remain sober. Continued aftercare support is available after graduation to help the client deal with the transitions and other life problems they may encounter.
Get Your Life Back
Alcohol rehabilitation treatment provides a chance for alcoholics to overcome their addictions and get their lives back to the way they are meant to be. Alcohol addiction is the leading global addiction. This problem has been growing for generations and with the vast availability of alcohol and the fact that it is legal in the United States; countless people young and old are suffering from lifelong alcohol addiction problems. Most of them began drinking socially and gradually developed an addiction, while others began drinking to drown their sorrows or to escape from problems in their life.
If you are struggling with an alcohol addiction, consider your life and the problems it has caused. Is the pain really worth the trouble of the few hours of “happiness” alcohol brings you every day? If you are ready to rid the addiction plaguing your life, begin recovery today by getting professional alcohol addiction treatment.
The pathway to recovery will not be an easy one, but it will be one that will save your life. Get help and begin the journey to a brighter future.
In my life I have made my fair share of bad decisions with many regrets the one choice in my life that I don't regret was not hesitating in giving this facility a call they gave me the tools I needed to successfully recover from my addiction and open the doors to a brighter future.?
What Can Rehab Do?
- Drug addiction treatment
- Alcohol addiction
- Sex addiction
- Video game addiction or an addiction to other objects dealing with technology such as television and the Internet